Hi, I’m Léo
I’m a doctoral researcher at the chair Cyber CNI supported by IMT Atlantique. Before that, I received an engineering degree in information security from ENSIBS and worked at Orange Cyberdefense as a part-time employee for three years.
My research focuses on the collaboration in security systems, and how to share data without compromising security. I rely on topics like federated machine learning, intrusion detection, and collaborative knowledge sharing. With the chair and its test bed, I work on tools and strategies for collaborative attack detection, characterization, and mitigation.
International Journals and Conferences
- L. Lavaur, M. -O. Pahl, Y. Busnel and F. Autrel, “The Evolution of Federated Learning-based Intrusion Detection and Mitigation: a Survey,” in IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management (TNSM), 2022, doi: 10.1109/TNSM.2022.3177512.
National and local venues
- L. Lavaur, M. -O. Pahl, Y. Busnel, and F. Autrel, “Federated security approaches for IT and OT,” in SSLR 2021 - Journée thématique du GT sur la Sécurité des Systèmes, Logiciels et Réseaux, 2021, hal: hal-03528355.
- L. Lavaur, M. -O. Pahl, Y. Busnel, and F. Autrel, “Federated Approaches for Defending Cyberattacks,” in Colloque gestion de crise et numérique : nouvelles menaces et nouvelles solutions, 2022, p. 17 (poster), doi: 10.5281/zenodo.6594420.
- L. Lavaur, B. Costé, M. -O. Pahl, Y. Busnel, and F. Autrel, “Federated learning as enabler for collaboration between not fully-trusting distributed parties,” in 29th Computer & Electronics Security Application Rendezvous: Ensuring Trust in a Decentralized World (C&ESAR 2022), 2022, under review.
- A. Houssein Meraneh, M. -O. Pahl, H. Le Bouder, and L. Lavaur, “Sound-based anomaly detection for industrial control systems: a survey,” under review.
- 2020: “Basics of Network Security” (IPSec, 802.1X, Cisco ACLs), 24h – animation
- 2021: “Basics of Network Security” (IPSec, 802.1X, Cisco ACLs, DNSSec, SSL/TLS), 16h – animation, material creation
- 2021: “IoT Security” (Vulnerabilities, Network protocols exploitation), 8h – animation, evaluation
- 2021: “Network Intrusion Detection” (IDS principles, Suricata), 4h – animation
- 2022: “Network Supervision” (SIEM principles, Prelude), 4h – animation
- 2022: “Blockchain: challenges and cryptographic mechanisms (MOOC)” (Blockchain, Proof-of-Work vs. Proof-of-Stake, Bitcoin, SHA-256, ECDA), 32h – testing, correction, animation
- L. Lavaur, “Apprentissage Fédéré et Collaboratif pour combattre les cyber-attaques”, in La recherche montre en main, La Méthode Scientifique, France Culture, 2022, postcast available at 48"30’.